The Rewards of Selling Bay Area Houses to Cash Investors
It can take two to three months to sell a house in the United States. While for some areas, the process goes smoothly, for others, it can take much longer. This happens particularly for homes that are not in their best condition or are not in reputable neighborhoods.
Some of the factors that make a house less desirable are structural and aesthetic damage or an unappealing curb — in short, a house in in bad shape and in dire need of repair. It is possible to address these factors through an investment of both time and money, believing that you’ll get a proper return on it.
It is great if you have the luxury of skills, time, or money to get your home repaired before putting it on the market. But ultimately, this just adds up to the days of waiting before you can sell your house. In addition, you may not get the return on investment you hoped for, especially if the repairs added up to be quite expensive.
Months of waiting to sell your property in the Bay Area is not convenient if you need the cash, want to reinvest the money, or don’t have the time to wait for your ideal buyer. Your best option is to find investors who, likewise, value the speed of the transaction and turn your unwanted property into cash in as short as two weeks.
Why Selling Your House to a Cash Buyer is a Great Option
You’ve got three primary options if you would like to sell your house, with each option having its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Using the services of a real estate agent
- Listing it as “for sale by owner”
- Selling your house to a cash buyer
Let us take a closer look at the pros and cons of each of these methods and find out which one will suit your property, your timeline, and your budget.
Using the Services of a Real Estate Agent
This is the most common method to sell homes, most likely because it may seem less stressful than the others. A real estate agent can take care of marketing your home and perform other tasks that are relevant to the sale.
Getting a real estate agent will give you access to their contacts and potential buyers who may want to purchase your home. They have great skills at selling houses, which will be perfect if you have an appealing property. But if your property is not desirable to buyers or is at the lower end of the real estate market, they may be less driven to sell your home. Premium homes end up being a higher priority of theirs because of the profit possibilities.
Hiring real estate agents is expensive, and they can take around 6% commission from the sale of your property. If both the seller and the buyer have their own agents, the commission may be split between the two agents. This may be negotiable or you can offer to shoulder the fees and taxes, however, this still takes a chunk of your profits.
Listing it as “For Sale By Owner”
Offering your home as “for sale by owner,” commonly abbreviated as FSBO, eliminates the need to share your profit with a real estate agent. This option is perfect if you would like to maximize the value of your investment. Depending on the fair market value of your property, this may mean a difference of tens of thousands of dollars for an average home.
Take note that when you take this road, however, you must be prepared for the pressure. Ideally, you should have lots of time and sales expertise to find the right buyer for your property as is. If you’ve got a full-time job or family commitments, selling your home as the owner will cause you a lot of stress. Expect it may also take much longer to sell your property because you don’t have access to a real estate agent’s connections and mailing list.
Benefits of Selling Bay Area Houses to Cash Investors
- Faster Transaction Times – Faster transactions are possible with people who are cash buyers because they don’t have to go through their mortgage company. No time is spent waiting for approval of the financing process, which saves you from weeks of waiting and wondering if the sale will push through. Once your cash buyer gives you an acceptable offer, you can close the sale in as fast as two weeks. That is the amount of time the title company may need to check for liens and finalize the paperwork required to close the sale. After that, you and the buyer just need to sign the documents and transfer the funds.
- Reduces Stress – Long months of waiting for a great offer can give you stress, and you aren’t even sure if the buyer’s mortgage company will approve that offer. Receiving a fair market value offer in cash cuts down on long processing times, and as such, you won’t have to worry about it any longer than necessary.
- No Repairs Needed – There is no need for you to spend a lot of your time and money on repairs before selling your property and avoid foreclosure, and you will not have to deal with repair contractors for things like code violations, foundation problems, water and/or fire damage and distressed homes. All necessary factors, including outside aesthetics and more, will be weighed to give you a fair market value for your home when you use Bay Area cash house investors.
Contact Brothers Buy Homes Today
At Brothers Buy Homes, we are committed to providing a win-win solution to property owners looking to convert their properties into cash quickly. Our seamless process will take away the stress of waiting for a buyer to offer you a fair price. We can close the sale in as fast as two weeks, without asking you to spend more time and money.
Reach out to us to schedule a no-obligation appraisal for your Bay Area, Sacramento or LA property and start the process to ‘sell my house fast Bay Area” or to start selling your home for cash. Just get in touch with our team by calling or texting (415) 692-5133. You can also fill out the contact form on our website.