How Can I Sell a Condemned House in the Bay Area and Sacramento?
Selling a house in bad shape is easier than you might think. Although most people want to avoid buying a home that needs repair or an abandoned property, a home buyer can help you get the quick cash you need.
At Brothers Buy Homes, we buy houses as is in any shape, serving as Sacramento, California’s premier home buyers. We look past the condition of the properties our clients present to us and craft a fair price. Get a free cash offer when you sell a condemned house in the Bay Area now!
What Is a Condemned House?
Condemned houses are homes with issues that could violate local building codes, including:
- Structural damage or deterioration: An old home may have gone through different weather conditions and natural accidents that affected its foundation and structural integrity. Perhaps it has a sagging roof, distressed exterior, or unstable beams that need addressing.
- Improper ventilation: If a home does not have enough windows or fans, it can create an unhealthy environment for the people who live inside. Homes with unsafe environments violate San Francisco building codes, making them condemned houses.
- Lack of proper sanitation systems: Homes are not up to code if they have a poor septic system or no running water. Any of the house’s residents must have access to clean water and a working toilet.
- Lack of heat and/or air conditioning: HVAC systems are critical when it comes to determining whether a home is condemned or not. Typically, no one will be willing to buy your house if it has no working heating or cooling system since it would be uncomfortable to live in.
- Improper and/or dangerous electrical systems: Condemned houses often have electrical wiring that is a fire hazard. If the home has exposed outlets or wires, it must be fixed before anyone can live there.
- Unhealthy conditions: Pest infestations and mold growth can make a house uninhabitable. These unhealthy conditions condemn a house because they put a home’s inhabitants’ health at risk.
- No utilities: A home needs to have access to running water. It must also have safe gas and electrical systems. Without these basic utilities, the house is not up to code and is considered condemned.
Having one or two of the above issues can make it challenging for anyone to sell the house. You would have to invest in fixing the problems to ensure it goes up to code. Plus, you cannot guarantee that a buyer will follow through even if you already paid for upgrades.
While you can be patient and set up “buy my house” advertisements everywhere, there are alternative options to get cash fast. Get in touch with Brothers Buy Homes to craft a fair price for your condemned home without paying for any repairs!
Other Issues That Home Buyers Can Help With
Homeowners encounter other issues that make it hard to sell a home. Common situations that we find our clients in include:
- Foreclosure: If you failed to pay property tax for your property, then selling your home could take longer. Let a cash home buyer worry about the unpaid taxes and give you the money you need now.
- Divorce: Selling a home during a divorce can be a bit complicated when splitting the property between the couple. However, selling to a home buyer can simplify the process.
- Behind on taxes: When your house is in this situation, most people want to avoid shouldering the burden and will end up not buying your house. Get a home buyer to buy your house even if you’re behind on taxes!
- Upside down on mortgage: Also known as an underwater mortgage, you may find it difficult to sell your house if you owe more than the current market value. Home buyers like Brothers Buy Homes are willing to give you a fair price regardless of this status.
- Expensive repairs: Damaged homes can discourage regular people from buying them because they think about the work, time, effort, and resources they will spend to repair their “new” property. Forget about paying for repairs yourself by getting a fair price from home buyers.
- Need cash fast: Time is of the essence when you’re selling a property. Get the money you need immediately by selling to a home buyer instead of going through traditional real estate channels.
- Vacant properties: Having a vacant lot and maintaining the property — even if you no longer live in it — can be a hassle and bring additional costs. Sell the property to a home buyer and free yourself from the burden!
- Job loss or relocation: Suppose you need to move to another city. This time-sensitive situation requires immediate attention, which home buyers can help resolve.
- Inherited a home: Perhaps a relative left you some property you have no immediate use for. Instead of leaving it uninhabited, consider selling it for quick cash to a home buyer!
Even if you experience any of these issues, you can sell your Sacramento home as-is to a cash home buyer. Instead of selling your home as a fixer-upper, sell it as-is! At Brothers Buy Homes, we are ready to give you a cash offer for your property in the Bay Area regardless of its condemning conditions.
Sell Your Condemned House Now!
You can sell your condemned house in the San Francisco Bay Area by getting a direct cash offer from home buyers like Brothers Buy Homes. We are California’s premier home buyers and are ready to purchase your home in any condition. Find out what your home is worth right now with a no-obligation cash offer!