Do you have a California federal tax lien hanging over your head? Are you trying to sell your house in the Bay Area, but the lien is scaring away potential buyers? Fear not because you’re not alone. Millions of Americans, especially in Sacramento, are in the same boat. But there are solutions available to you.
By working with a home buying company like Brothers Buy Homes, you can get your house sold in a quick and hassle-free manner regardless of whether you have a tax lien. Not only is this a simple solution, but it’s also an efficient one in which you won’t have to bother listing your house or dealing with potential buyers. So if you’re ready to get rid of your federal tax lien, here’s what you need to know.
What Is a Federal Tax Lien?
A tax lien is a legal claim the government makes against your properties when you don’t pay your taxes. The lien gives the government a right to your property, up to the amount you owe in taxes plus interest and penalties. This includes both real estate and personal belongings.
Selling a Sacramento or Bay Area house with a federal tax lien can delay or even scuttle the sale. That’s because most lenders will not provide funding if there is a lien on the property. Even if you’re able to find a willing buyer, you’ll likely have to settle the debt with the IRS before the sale can be completed.
What Are the Necessary Steps To Take?
The process of selling a house with a federal tax lien can be somewhat complex, but it is important to understand the basics before moving forward. Here’s what you can do:
Obtain a Certificate of Discharge From the IRS
This document proves that your debt has been paid in full and that the lien has been released. If in the event that you won’t be able to pay off the entire debt, you can ask the IRS to subordinate the lien, which would allow you to sell the property and pay off the debt with the proceeds. This can be done easily when you work with Brothers Buy Homes, guiding you through the process and making it as stress-free as possible. With these documents in hand, you should be able to move forward with selling your property.
Find a Buyer Who Is Willing to Purchase Your Property
It can be difficult to find a buyer willing to purchase a property in any condition with a tax lien attached to it. While this may be challenging, it is not impossible. There are plenty of investors who are willing to take on properties with tax liens, and our company specializes in that.
What Are the Benefits?
By working with Brothers Buy Homes, you can avoid many of the hassles associated with selling a house. Here’s what you can expect when you accept an offer from us:
- A fast sale: We can close and sell your house within seven days or more if you need additional time. This is much faster than trying to sell your home through a real estate agent, which can often take months.
- Avoid making expensive repairs: Our company will buy your damaged house as-is even if it is in bad shape, which means you don’t have to worry about improving your home that needs repair before selling. This is also helpful if you have a fixer-upper that you have been trying to sell, but no one is biting.
- Avoid meeting realtors: When you work with us, you don’t have to be distressed about meeting with realtors, which will save you the headache of finding a buyer for your home.
- Get help with cleaning and staging the property: Even if your house is old, presenting your home in the best light possible will help you get a higher price. Our experts will advise you on the best way to do this so you can focus on other things.
- Avoid the hassle of open houses and strangers coming into your home: This can be a very invasive process, especially if you have young children or pets.
Additionally, you can avoid considering offers that may or may not close because we can get a guaranteed offer for your houses. This can give you the peace of mind of knowing that you will be able to sell your house even if it is abandoned or in poor condition. Finally, you will not have to worry about packing and moving out to vacant the property quickly because we can work with you to set a convenient schedule.
“Who will buy my house with a federal tax lien?” is the question we often hear after our reviews. With Brothers Buy Homes, sell my house fast Bay Area is no longer a problem because we buy houses regardless of your unique situation. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you sell your homes fast for cash, even if you have a federal tax lien.